Are you tired of putting up with jaw pain whenever you open or close your mouth? Are you unable to relax because your jaw hurts so badly? If so, My Dentist can help you. Dr. Kourakin has treated many patients over the years for TMJ problems. He and our team would be glad to help you as well. Our Millville TMJ treatment:
- Stops nagging jaw pain and tenderness
- Alleviates tension in your neck and shoulders
- Eliminates popping when opening and closing your mouth
- Stops harmful teeth grinding
- Makes your mealtimes more relaxed and enjoyable
- Prevents damage to your tooth enamel
It’s time you got the help you needed! Call My Dentist today at 856-825-0618 to schedule a free consultation. For your convenience, we’re open until 6 p.m. four evenings a week.
Our TMJ Therapy Will Help Your Jaw Relax
My Dentist offers effective therapy for your TMJ pain. If you’re experiencing jaw pain, tenderness in your face, tension in your neck and shoulders, or jaw popping when opening and closing your mouth, you may have TMJ problems. We encourage you to come in as soon as possible so you can get the help you deserve.
We will examine you to determine the source of your problems. If your pain is TMJ related, we will make recommendations for treatment accordingly:
- Custom TMJ Appliance – We’ll take impressions of your mouth so we can have a custom-fit TMJ mouthguard made for you. It will fit comfortably in your mouth while you sleep, gently moving your lower jaw forward to ease tension on your TMJs. Your appliance will also help prevent teeth grinding that could damage your tooth enamel and require restorative dentistry to repair.
- Muscle Relaxers – Some patients require a prescription to ease their jaw pain. If so, Dr. Kourakin will prescribe an effective, FDA-approved muscle relaxer that will help.
- Physical Therapy – If Dr. Kourakin believes you could benefit from physical therapy, he may recommend this type of treatment. It may be used along with a custom mouthguard and prescription medication to help your jaw feel better.
Don’t Let TMJ Pain Ruin Your Day
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) are on each side of your head, connecting your jaw to your skull. These joints make it possible to open and close your mouth for everyday activities like talking, eating, laughing, and yawning. You probably don’t pay much attention to your TMJs when they’re working normally. However, if these joints become inflamed or irritated, they can cause intense pain when you move your jaw.
Don’t suffer in pain another minute! For effective TMJ treatment in Millville, call My Dentist today at 856-825-0618 to schedule an appointment.